Girls and boys, grades 7-12
Youth on MissionSM engages students--both male and female--in grades 7-12 in missions. Youth on Mission teaches youth what missions is. Youth will learn how to be involved in missions in their community and around the world. Youth on Mission explains how God intends for youth to have a heart for the world. This coed organization is perfect for youth groups seeking to make a difference.
Basic Resources for Youth on Mission
Youth on Mission Plan Book - Youth leaders will find a year’s worth of plans to help youth develop a heart for missions. Each of the 12 units includes a missions Bible study, a group learning activity, a missions project idea, a cultural experience, and a missionary feature.
How to Start a Youth on Mission Group
• Talk with the WMU leadership and adults in your church who might be interested in leading or assisting with your Youth on Mission group. Discuss what Youth on Mission would look like in your church and who may be able to assist in leadership.
• Leaders should design their Youth on Mission program around the needs of their group. Youth on Mission has the freedom to meet weekly or monthly whichever is best for the group. Youth on Mission members are encouraged to lead group meetings alongside adult leaders.
• Talk with the teenagers in your church for ideas of how to build excitement for a new group and the best way to get started.
• Schedule a time for your first Youth on Mission meeting.
• Order copies of Youth on Mission Plan Book for each leader. Copies can be ordered here.
• Attend associational, state, and national training sessions.
Opportunities for Youth on Mission
• Youth Advisory Panelist - Youth on Mission member who has leadership skills and reflect high Christian standards and spiritual maturity in their daily life may be nominated to be a panelist. Attention student leaders it is time to nominate teens in Acteens or Youth on Mission to be a South Carolina Youth Advisory Panelist. These youth will help plan the state Acteens/Youth on Mission event, preside at these events, as well as speak to Acteens/ Youth on Mission groups across the state. We are accepting nominations now! Be sure to read the requirements and complete and a nomination form.
• Individual Achievement Plan Scholarships - Available to high school seniors who plan to attend Anderson, Charleston Southern, or North Greenville Universities and have completed at least three levels of MissionsQuest by the end of their senior year. You can find out more information on the flyer and be sure to apply today!
Need Additional Help?