- Provide Christian professional fellowship.
- Promote continuing professional education and growth for membership and nurse missionaries.
- Encourage nursing service evolving from a personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- To empower members through studying the Bible, worshipping, witnessing, and sharing of Christian experiences.
- To present and participate in planned nursing and health care programs in a variety of areas of interest to nurses based on assessed need of the members.
- To expand global Christian nursing service and personal involvement through mission support, education, and health care activities.
Projects and opportunties:
- Blood Pressure Screening & Health Literature for Carnival Workers during Set-Up Days, SC State Fair, October
- Special Olympics
- World Changers
- Sunburn Unit, Myrtle Beach
- Ministries at Local Fairs
- Truckers Ministry, Columbia
- Good Samaritan Clinic, West Columbia
- Foothills Child Advocacy Center, Anderson
- Disaster Relief Training
- CEUs offered at both State and National BNF meetings
- Individual missions involvement -- Disaster Relief; medical missions trips to North America; camp nurses at Camp La Vida, nurses for SCBC Annual Meeting
Current Facts & Information
Organized: Anderson, SC, March 1985
STATE PROJECTS AND INVOLVEMENTS:
1. Educational offerings for CEU credit
2. Nurses Serving on SC Disaster Relief Teams
3. State Fair Ministry
4. Support and information for Parish Nursing
5. Prayer support of SC related missionary nurses/health care workers
NEWSLETTER: Nurses Notes (published quarterly)
FACEBOOK: Facebook Friends – Join the national Baptist Nursing Fellowship Facebook page. It shares information about mission trips, prayer requests, and other items of interest to BNF members.
NATIONAL WEBSITE: See what national Baptist Nurses Fellowship is up to.
Leaders of Regional Chapters:
Pam Parker, SC BNF President and Region 1
Jane Burrus, Region 2
Becka Moore, Executive Director
190 Stoneridge Dr., Columbia, SC 29210
803-227-6203 or 800-723-7242, ext 8522
SC BNF Resources
Need Additional Help?