The purpose of our WMU Annual Meeting is to bring together the members of South Carolina WMU to participate in missions experiences that will inform them about missions; make them aware of Southern Baptist and South Carolina Baptist missions programs, emphases, and goals; strengthen fellowship; and provide for the future by conducting the business of South Carolina WMU in order that WMU members will be challenged to commit themselves to the overarching missions education responsibility of WMU.
Our meeting features:
- representatives from national WMU, the International and North American Mission Boards, the South Carolina Baptist Convention (SCBC), and an association
- international, North American, state, and associational missionaries
- exhibits about our work and the work of the SCBC, both missions Boards, and our South Carolina Baptist institutions
- mission support and mission action projects
- election of our new Executive Board and State Nominating Committee
- praying each day for our missionaries celebrating birthdays
- theme interpretations
Our Annual Meeting is held during the month of March each year. Meeting dates are set three years out. Below are the dates and locations of our next three meetings. As time for our next meeting draws near, more information will be available on our website.
SC WMU Missions Encounter & Annual Meeting
2019 | March 29-30 | Ebenezer Baptist Church, Florence
2020 | March 27-28 | South Main Street Baptist Church, Greenwood