Girls, grades 7-12
Acteens® is for teen girls in grades 7-12. In Acteens, girls will learn about the power of a girl to change the world. Acteens learn to be concerned about themselves, the girl next door, and the girl around the world. Acteens is a place for girls to connect with each other, grow in their relationship with Christ, and actively serve others.
Basic Resources for Acteens
- The Mag - Teenage girls will love this colorful magazine (released four times a year) that helps them learn about and be involved in missions in the real world.
- Acteens Leader - All of the essential items for leading Acteens are found in this magazine. Published four times a year, it includes planning helps, activity sheets, and content for Acteens meetings.
- MissionsQuest Individual Achievement Plan for Acteens. MissionsQuest is the individual achievement plan for Acteens. There are eight different quests that promote spiritual growth and mission involvement. MissionsQuest challenges an Acteen to live out and share her faith daily.
How to Start an Acteens Group
- Talk with the WMU leadership and women in your church who might be interested in leading or assisting with your Acteens group. Discuss what Acteens would look like in your church and who may be able to assist in leadership.
- Leaders should design their Acteens program around the needs of their group. Acteens have the freedom to meet at a time that best suits them. Acteens are encouraged to lead group meetings alongside adult leaders.
- Talk with the teenage girls in your church for ideas of how to build excitement for a new group and the best way to get started.
- Schedule a time for your first Acteens meeting.
- Order copies of Acteens Leader for each leader and The Mag for each girl.
- Acteens may choose whether they will participate in MissionsQuest.
- Attend associational, state, and national training sessions.
- Contact your state WMU student consultant Becka Moore by email or phone (803.227.6209) for additional help.
Opportunities for Acteens
- Acteen Panelist - Acteens who have leadership skills and reflect high Christian standards and spiritual maturity in their daily life may be nominated to be a panelist. Attention student leaders it is time to nominate teens in Acteens or Youth on Mission to be a South Carolina Youth Advisory Panelist. These youth will help plan the state Acteens/Youth on Mission event, preside at these events, as well as speak to Acteens/ Youth on Mission groups across the state. We are accepting nominations now! Be sure to read the requirements and complete a nomination form.
- Individual Achievement Plan Scholarships - Available to high school seniors who plan to attend Anderson, Charleston Southern, or North Greenville Universities and have completed at least three levels of MissionsQuest by the end of their senior year. You can find out more information on the flyer and be sure to apply today!
- Acteen Activators Training - resources are available for preparing Acteen Activators for their missions trips through national WMU.
- Acteens Leaders can now develop their skills through this online Acteens Leaders course.
Need Additional Help?