Acteens® is for teen girls in grades 7-12. In Acteens girls will learn about the power of a girl to change the world. Acteens learn to be concerned about themselves, the girl next door, and the girl around the world. Acteens is a place for girls to connect with each other, grow in their relationship with Christ, and actively serve others.
Basic Resources for Acteens
- The Mag - Teenage girls will love this colorful bi-monthly magazine that helps them learn about and be involved in missions in the real world.
- Acteens Leader - All of the essential items for leading Acteens are found in this magazine. Published three times a year, it includes planning helps, activity sheets, and content for Acteens meetings.
- MissionsQuestTM Individual Achievement Plan for Acteens. MissionsQuest is the individual achievement plan for Acteens. There are eight different quests that promote spiritual growth and mission involvement. MissionsQuestSM challenges an Acteen to live out and share her faith daily.
How to Start an Acteens Group
- Talk with the WMU® leadership and women in your church who might be interested in leading or assisting with your Acteens group. Discuss what Acteens would look like in your church and who may be able to assist in leadership.
- Leaders should design their Acteens program around the needs of their group. Acteens have the freedom to meet at a time that best suits them. Acteens are encouraged to lead group meetings alongside adult leaders.
- Talk with the teenage girls in your church for ideas of how to build excitement for a new group and the best way to get started.
- Schedule a time for your first Acteens meeting.
- Order copies of Acteens Leader for each leader and The Mag for each girl. Copies can be ordered here.
- Acteens may choose whether they will participate in MissionsQuestSM.
- Attend associational, state, and national training sessions.
- Contact your state WMU student consultant Becka Moore by email or phone (803.227.6209) for additional help.
Opportunities for Acteens
- Acteen Panelist - Acteens who have leadership skills and reflect high Christian standards and spiritual maturity in their daily life may be nominated to be a panelist. Attention student leaders it is time to nominate teens in Acteens or Youth on Mission to be a South Carolina Youth Advisory Panelist. These youth will help plan the state Acteens/Youth on Mission event, preside at these events, as well as speak to Acteens/ Youth on Mission groups across the state. We are accepting nominations now! Be sure to read the requirements and complete and a nomination form.
- Individual Achievement Plan Scholarships - Available to high school seniors who plan to attend Anderson, Charleston Southern, or North Greenville Universities and have completed at least three levels of MissionsQuest by the end of their senior year. You can find out more information on the flyer and be sure to apply today!
- Acteen Activators Training - resources are available for preparing Acteen ActivatorsSM for their missions trips.
To learn more about Acteens view this presentation.
Acteens Leaders can now develop their skills through this online Acteens Leaders course.
Click here for Growing Your Acteens Group Flyer.
Click here for Acteens/Youth on Mission Flyer.
Additional information can be found on the national Acteens website.
For assistance with or more information about Acteens, contact Becka Moore by email or phone - 803.227.6209 (in SC 800.723.7242, ext 8522).